Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Used To Be Fat (MTV: 2010-2011)

I had just finished watching all the episodes of the reality show 'I Used To Be Fat' (you can catch all the episodes, as well as other exclusive online clips on MTV's site).


It was aired last December and ended February this year, but I haven't really heard of the show till last month (stopped watching MTV about 9 years ago). The show is about 9 overweight (and some probably obese) teens that aim to lose weight over the summer with the help of a personal trainer. I enjoyed watching most of the episodes and I felt that I could relate to their woes. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one in this, though most of the time I feel like I'm the only fat person around. After finishing the entire series, I actually quite excited to work out :]

Anyway, just a quick comment on each episode:

Episode 1: Gabriella
Overall it was a light and enjoyable episode. Gabriella has such a sunny personality, it wasn't hard to root for her.

Episode 2: Marci
Marci was very whiny throughout the episode, but it was ok. From what I've seen from watching, all her life she used to have it her way, and I expect people who grew up like that to be a bit.. whiny. She was one of the teens who lost the most weight, I think (90 pounds).

Episode 3: Dominick
What I liked most about this episode was how it didn't only lead to Dominick's weight loss, it also helped Dominick's mother to shed some of the pounds off too.

Episode 4: Makenzie
I keep thinking about Julia Stiles everytime I see Makenzie. Julia Stiles is one of my favorites so it works for me. It was also really fun seeing the whole family participating in Makenzie's workouts.

Episode 5: Jordan
Boom! Jordan was probably one of my favorites. I really liked his trainer too (a really cool person, that guy). He did even better than his goal, cheers to Jordan!

Episode 6: Daria
It was really hard watching some of the parts in this one, especially when Daria was 'cheating' on eating stuff that she shouldn't. But it's completely understandable, I'm not exactly sticking with the good stuff myself. Daria is a really good dancer though, and I'm amazed when she first stepped into the dance class. She didn't moved like she haven't danced for a while.

Episode 7: Kirsten
I was really amazed when Kirsten did a 5k. I couldn't even run for 5 minutes straight! It must have been really cool to finish.

Episode 8: Tanner
I was a bit disappointed with this episode, but he lost 36 pounds (which isn't a joke) but I can't help but think he could do better. I just hope Tanner will get back on track soon. 

Episode 9: Kelly
One thing I noticed about Kelly was she was a bit more... 'quiet' than the others. Despite being (I think) the teen that weighs the least (featured in this show), I felt that her problem really is pretty much her self confidence and the way she deals with her feelings, and the excess weight just secondary. So amazed to see her complete a 5k too!

Episode 10: Past to Present
It was nice seeing them all together. Apparently, some of them became really good friends. I just hoped all the trainers were present and the episode should have lasted more than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment