Monday, April 11, 2011

Firsts are always awkward

I always find the first post in blogs awkward. It's like you're supposed to talk blindfolded on a stage, and you're not sure if there's an audience at all. I've started this blog a few days ago, and was actually avoiding the first post when I saw an article somewhere that I wanted to link on my blog, so I'm forced to write this first before making another post.
I'm Seina and I'm morbidly obese. I've been fat my whole life, but I went past the 50'' waistline mark around the last quarter of 2010, and I totally freaked out. I started exercising on February of this year and I successfully trimmed down my waist a bit (to 45''). I probably would have trimmed more inches if I made drastic changes to my diet but that's something I don't want to rush. Food is not just something we consume in order to live anymore, I believe it's one of the things that makes living worthwhile. Tasting a new dish, cooking delicious food, sharing a good meal with your loved ones, food is a very important aspect of life. Sure there are a lot of healthier, delicious options, but I don't want to be the person who denies herself of something that she truly wants. I really believe it's ok to eat anything you want (even junk food) with moderation, so that's the path I'm going to take. I'll lose weight with exercise and by slowly adjusting myself to the proper serving size of food
There are countless of blogs like this on the web, and mine may not certainly stand out among the rest. But I'll continue on scrawling my journey anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment